Be a volunteer
Volunteers play an integral part in the welcoming atmosphere that CGMH is known for. They help ensure the hospital is a comforting place for both patients and visitors, and that it runs smoothly and efficiently. The work of each and every volunteer at CGMH is greatly appreciated and valued by hospital staff and the community. Sound like something you would like to do?
Volunteers are needed throughout the Hospital. If you are interested, fulfilling and rewarding roles exist in the following areas of the hospital:
- In Patient Areas
- Ambulatory Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Surgical Day Care
- Hospital Elder Life Program/Activation
- Patient Satisfaction Survey
- Pet Therapy
- Information Desk
- Gift Shop
- Book Cart
- Office Assistance
What do I need to do to become a volunteer?
- Volunteers must be 16 years or older and be willing to work a minimum of one 4-hour shift each week
- Volunteers must come for an interview and also pass a physical examination and have up to date immunizations
- Two references are required for each prospective volunteer
- Training, orientation, volunteer garments (i.e. vests, golf shirts, tops) and parking passes are provided by Volunteer Services
- Police Checks are required for all volunteers 18 and older
Contact us to get started
Getting started is simple. Contact Sadie Nixon, Mgr. Volunteer Services at 705 445-2550 ext. 8615 or by e-mail. Sadie will arrange a brief interview to determine where your skills and experience can best be put to use.