What to Bring
Please bring the following items when you are coming to be admitted to the hospital:
- Ontario Health Card
- Proof of additional health insurance coverage for preferred hospital accommodations (if you have this)
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) claim number (if you have one)
- Social Insurance Number
- Cheque or credit card to pay for additional expenses
- Calling card for long distance calls
- Personal items (brush, toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving supplies, lotion, shampoo, pajamas, robe, and sanitary care products)
- Magazines, books, pen and stationery
- Comfortable clothing, slippers and/or shoes to wear when you are leaving and returning home.
Any electrical products or appliances you are bringing must be approved by our facilities staff before being used in the hospital. Anyone on the unit where you are to be admitted can arrange this. You may prefer to bring battery-operated appliances.
What Not to Bring
Please do not bring the following items when you are coming to be admitted to the hospital:
- Valuables such as jewellery or large amounts of cash. If your admission is unexpected, please send your valuables home.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Flowers or plants (no lilies due to allergies)
- Scented products of any kind
- Helium latex balloons (due to allergies)
Please note we can't be responsible for lost or stolen items.