Media Statement on behalf of CGMH: Municipal Election
"Over the past couple of weeks, the Hospital has received a number of inquiries regarding issues arising during the current Municipal Election. This hospital is an apolitical body and does not become involved in any election.
The hospital's focus is and will continue to be upon achieving our vision and mission through:
- Attaining appropriate operational funding
- Addressing space challenges
- Maintaining our excellent efficiency ratings
- Continuing to develop innovative programs such as community based Cardiac Rehab and Healthy Babies, Happy Families programs
- Working with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) on our redevelopment priorities
As has been our tradition, once the municipal elections are complete, the hospital will continue building upon the current good relations and partnerships we have with the Councils in each of the areas the hospital serves; including the Town of Collingwood, Clearview Township, Town of Wasaga Beach, Town of the Blue Mountains and Grey Highlands.
We wish the best to every candidate running to serve their community."