Ward Clerk - Temp. PT
Temporary Part Time | Administrative/Clerical | 1 Position(s) Available
SHIFT: Days, Weekends, 12 and 8 hour shifts.
- Exhibits the core values of CGMH: Inclusive, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable, Teamwork
- Secondary School graduate or equivalent with preference placed on a College Diploma in a Health related field.
- Completion of a medical terminology course with preference on a course completed as part of a post-secondary program.
- Experience with Meditech and order entry
- Excellent customer service demeanour
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- Ability to accurately perform the duties of the role with a focused attention to detail
- Physically able to perform the essential duties of the role
- Excellent attendance/performance record
- Committed to professional growth & development
- Committed to maintaining confidentiality
- Excellent typing and computer skills; especially w/ Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of the Medical Unit and its Clerical responsibilities preferred.
- Recent experience in a Hospital Emergency Department preferred. DUTIES:On Medical assist unit in maintaining orderly flow of daily activities associated with admission, discharge, and transfer of patients, reception, clerical duties and requisitioning of supplies, equipment and services from other departments. Regularly communicates with other healthcare facilities regarding tests and procedures. In Emergency and ICU completes order entry, phone reception, assisting with transfer of patients, ambulance booking, chart assembling, sorting/filing, extensive communication with the health care team, requisitioning of supplies, equipment and services from other departments
- START DATE:ASAP
- WAGE: To be determined in accordance with (the collective agreement and) the successful candidates’ experience.
Application Submissions Closed
Sorry we are no longer accepting applications for this career.