Ref #: 2019-30
Occupational/Physiotherapy Assistant - Casual (2019-30)
Posted: February 26, 2019
Closes: April 22, 2019
Casual | Therapeutic/Diagnostic | 2 Position(s) Available
SHIFT:Days; Mon-Fri and weekends
- Exhibits the core values of CGMH: Inclusive, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable, Teamwork
- Graduate of an accredited course in Physical Therapy Assistant/Occupational Therapy Assistant or equivalent
- One year varied experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant /Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Well Organized
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Team Player
- Flexibility to work the required shifts
- Acute care hospital experience preferredDUTIES:The Rehabilitation Assistant functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team and is responsible for assisting in the delivery of quality rehabilitation service under the supervision of a staff therapist.Upon the receipt of a verbal or written directive from a physiotherapist, the assistant will implement the treatment plan as outlined by the supervising therapist. The Assistant will carry out activities developed by the therapist, assist in evaluation and intervention activities, prepare materials and supplies and maintain the work environment.The Assistant is expected to demonstrate awareness of role boundaries between therapists and assistants and function within the role definition. The Assistant participates in the education of patients and/or appropriate caregivers, students and other health care workers under the direction of the therapist.
- START DATE: ASAP
- TO APPLY: Please forward a cover letter and an updated resume to Human Resources.
Application Submissions Closed
Sorry we are no longer accepting applications for this career.