Mental Health Therapist - Temp.FT (2019-53)
Temporary Full Time | Therapeutic/Diagnostic | 1 Position(s) Available
DEPARTMENT:Outpatient Mental Health Services
- Demonstrates the core values of CGMH: Inclusive, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable, and Teamwork.
- Exhibits the core values of CGMH: Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable, Teamwork
- Registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario.
- Preferred Masters level of education and registered with one of the following colleges; Social Work, Occupational Therapy and Nursing or a related field and registered as a Psychotherapist.
- Minimum 4 years clinical experience in a mental health setting, including case management, and/or individual and group counselling.
- Current CPR certification
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Health Care Consent Act and Substitute Decision Maker Act
- Knowledge of the DSM IV
- Sound assessment skills with regards to physical assessment, mental assessment and risk assessment.
- Experience in the application of Mental Health Assessment Tools
- Knowledge in Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Strengths Based Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy considered an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of family Dynamics
- Knowledge of pharmacology treatment of psychiatric disorders.
- Knowledge of Regional Resources
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to ongoing education and professional development.
- Strong critical thinking, time management and documentation skills.
- Conduct assessment based on accepted current mental health standards
- Initiate appropriate intervention, which may involve short or long term therapy and treatment, case consultation, engagement and production of Shared Care with family medicine, facilitation of psychiatric, addiction or forensic referral and involvement with primary care and social service supports.
- Work comfortably with pharmacological intervention as warranted.
- Maintain the clinical record in accordance with clinic policy and regulatory college requirements.
- Consult with family physicians and circle of care as appropriate regardingpsychiatric care and system coordination
- Liaise with long term care, retirement homes and hospital, medical and social service agencies.
- Assume an active role as member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Active participation in training, education and clinical supervision.
- Participate in quality improvement exercises
- Perform duties as may be assigned by Leadership.
- To exhibit the ethics required of members of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- To work in a manner consistent with the values of Collingwood General & Marine Hospital
START DATE: ASAP
TO APPLY: Please forward your completed cover letter and updated resume via the apply online link. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Application Submissions Closed
Sorry we are no longer accepting applications for this career.