Manager of Diagnostic Imaging (2018-73)
Permanent Full Time | Management/Supervisory | 1 Position(s) Available
Reporting to the Vice President Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer the Manager of the Diagnostic Imaging is responsible for providing effective leadership in collaboration with the Chief of Radiology to ensure efficient resource management (physical, human, financial) and focus on safe and efficient patient care to provide patients and their families with an excellent patient experience and imaging services. The portfolio for this position includes the X-Ray, CT, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, Bone-Density, Ultrasound, Cardiac Sonography modalities of Diagnostic Imaging and its' Clerical Support Team. This role is responsible for leading both professional and support staff, fostering an environment of learning, team work, and individual growth, as well as the creation of strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders consistent with Collingwood General and Marine Hospital's mission, vision, values, and strategic directions.
- Accountable for the results and activities of the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
- Accountable for the direction and leadership of the Department - while working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Directs the professional and non-clinical support functions, processes and activities of the Department
- Provides leadership in optimizing patient flow and inter-professional standards of practice
- Plans, directs, controls the design and implementation of policies, operating plans and processes affecting quality improvement, risks, regulatory compliance, satisfaction and safety
- Accountable for the human, fiscal, material resources, and technical/administrative support
- Demonstrated focus on patient and staff safety through quality management
- Responsible and accountable for setting the context of employees' work and ensuring they have what they need to provide required services
- Establishment and achievement of objectives for the department/service in accordance with the vision, mission, values and strategic directions of the Hospital
- Develops effective communication strategies that ensure timely information flow throughout the Diagnostic Imaging, between staff and radiologists and with key stakeholders internal and external to the hospital.
- Collaborates with all areas within the hospital and have many key interactions with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Contributes to corporate strategic direction, long-term planning, and capital expenditures through participation on key organizational committees
- Demonstrates a commitment to excellence in exceptional patient care and continual focus on quality improvement and results driven outcomes
- Work collaboratively and communicate with staff, patients, families, physicians, interdisciplinary team members and personnel from other hospital departments
- Recruitment, performance management and development of multidisciplinary team to ensure resources and skill levels are in place to meet program needs.
- Plan for and manage staff schedules and daily staffing needs based on planned and emergent patient activity
- Monitoring and analysis of operational budgets, implementing strategies to address variances and increase efficiencies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Exhibits the core values of CGMH: Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable, Teamwork
- Graduate of an accredited school of a Diagnostic Imaging modality.
- Currently registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
- 5 - 10 years' related experience as a Medical Radiation Technologist.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a leadership role
- Demonstrated clinical leadership skills, human resources management skills, and financial management skills
- Previous experience and knowledge of Studer, process mapping and implementing LEAN methods within a department is an asset
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Meditech, computerized charting, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Recent certifications that would be viewed as an asset:
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Membership in the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists or Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Technologists.
Application Submissions Closed
Sorry we are no longer accepting applications for this career.