Manager - Medicine - Perm. FT (2018-164)
Permanent Full Time | Management/Supervisory | 1 Position(s) Available
Reporting to the Director, Acute Care Services, the Manager of Medicine is responsible for providing effective leadership in collaboration with the Chief of Medicine, to ensure efficient resource management (physical, human, financial) and the activities and focus on safe, efficient patient care is maintained, which includes Inpatient Medical Unit, Dialysis, and Patient Flow. This role provides leadership to a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and fosters an environment of learning, team work and individual growth.
- Accountable for the results and activities of the Inpatient Medical Unit, Dialysis, and Patient Flow.
- Accountable for the direction and leadership of the Departments - while working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Directs all nursing and allied health functions, processes and activities of the Departments
- Provides leadership in optimizing overall patient flow, inter-professional standards of practice
- Responsible for non-clinical support services staff working in the Departments
- Plans, directs, controls the design and implementation of policies, operating plans and processes affecting quality improvement, risks, regulatory compliance, satisfaction and safety
- Accountable for the human, fiscal, material resources, and technical/administrative support
- Demonstrated focus on patient and staff safety through quality management
- Responsible and accountable for setting the context of employees’ work and ensuring they have what they need to provide required services
- Establishment and achievement of objectives for the department/service in accordance with the vision, mission, values and goals of the Hospital
- Develops effective communication strategies that ensures timely information flow throughout the Inpatient Medical Unit, Dialysis, and organization as it relates to Patient Flow, between staff and physicians and with key stakeholders internal and external to the hospital.
- Collaborate with all areas within the hospital and have many key interactions with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Contributes to corporate strategic direction, long-term planning, and capital expenditures through participation on key organizational committees
- Commitment to excellence in exceptional patient care and continual focus on quality improvement and results driven outcomes
- Work collaboratively and communicate with staff, patients, families, physicians, interdisciplinary team members and personnel from other hospital departments
- Recruitment, performance management and development of multidisciplinary team to ensure resources and skill levels are in place to meet program needs.
- Plan for and manage staff schedules and daily staffing needs based on planned and emergent patient activity
- Monitoring and analysis of operational budgets, implementing strategies to address variances and increase efficiencies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Exhibits the core values of CGMH: Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable, Teamwork
- A Degree in Nursing
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 5 - 10 years’ related Nursing experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Demonstrated clinical leadership skills, human resources management skills, and financial management skills
- Previous experience and knowledge of Studer, process mapping and implementing LEAN methods within a department is an asset
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Meditech, computerized charting, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Recent certifications that would be viewed as an asset:
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
START DATE:December, 2018
Application Submissions Closed
Sorry we are no longer accepting applications for this career.