Manager, Community Mental Health Services Program
Permanent Full Time | Management/Supervisory | 1 Position(s) Available
Reporting to the Vice President Of Patient Experience & CNE, the Manager of the Community Mental Health Services Program is responsible for providing effective leadership within the Program in collaboration with the Department Chief. The Manager will ensure efficient resource management (physical, human, financial) as well as ensuring that safe, efficient client care is maintained. The Community Mental Health Services Program provides diagnostic and clinical consultation for adults experiencing neurodegenerative disease as well as on-going pharmacological management and related case management. This role is part of a collaborative leadership model within a team of clinical professionals and fosters an environment of learning, team work, and individual growth.
- Accountable for the key performance indicators and activities of the Community Mental Health Services Program
- Accountable for the direction and leadership of the Program in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for directing the processes and activities of the Department.
- Provides leadership in optimizing client flow through inter-professional standards of practice, managing staff schedules, and daily staffing needs.
- Responsible for non-clinical and support services staff working in the Program
- Plans, directs, controls the design and implementation of policies, operating plans and processes affecting quality improvement, risk, regulatory compliance, client satisfaction, and safety
- Accountable for the Program human, fiscal, material resources, and technical/administrative support
- Responsible and accountable for setting the context of employees’ work and ensuring they have what they need to provide required services
- Responsible for the establishment and achievement of objectives for the Program in accordance with the vision, mission, values and goals of the hospital
- Accountable for effective communication strategies that ensure timely information flow throughout the Program, between staff and physicians and with key stakeholders internal and external to the hospital.
- Collaborate with all areas within the hospital
- Contributes to corporate strategic direction, long-term planning, and capital expenditures through participation on key organizational committees
- Commitment to excellence in exceptional patient care and continual focus on quality improvement and results driven outcomes
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Exhibits the core values of CGMH: Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable, Teamwork.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, or Registered Nursing or another field related to mental health preferred.
- Current registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) or equivalent membership in an applicable healthcare regulatory college.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years’ of clinical experience with outpatient psychiatry and case management serving an adult patient population exhibiting acute and persistent mental illness.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, Health Care Consent Act, relevant sections of the Criminal Code of Canada, and Ontario Employment Standards Act preferred.
- Experience in a leadership role in a unionized environment, an asset.
- Demonstrated clinical leadership skills, human resources management skills, and financial management skills
- Previous experience and knowledge of Studer, process mapping and implementing LEAN methods within a department is an asset
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Meditech, computerized charting, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Recent certifications that would be viewed as an asset:
- Current BCLS
SALARY RANGE: $86,478.84 – $108, 269.04, to be determined commensurate with the successful candidates’ experience.
START DATE: ASAP
Application Submissions Closed
Sorry we are no longer accepting applications for this career.