Infection Prevention & Control Coordinator - Perm. FT (2019-67)
Permanent Full Time | Administrative/Clerical | 1 Position(s) Available
The Collingwood General & Marine Hospital is a 70-bed facility serving more than 60,000 permanent residents and 3.5 Million annual visitors to the communities of Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Clearview and the Blue Mountains. CGMH is an acute care hospital providing emergency care, diagnostic services including lab, imaging and cardio respiratory therapy, as well as two inpatient units (medicine and surgery). CGMH also provides care in specialty areas including obstetrics, orthopaedics, intensive care and surgery. The Hospital also provides outpatient care including dialysis and a wide range of clinics including mental health and rehabilitation services. CGMH continues to provide care close to home for our community and plays a key role as an integrated orthopaedic centre for our region.
Reporting to the Manager of the Hospitalís Laboratory, The Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the implementation and maintenance of an effective and progressive IPAC Program by implementing and conducting patient surveillance activities according to established criteria and evidence based research; managing outbreak investigations; implementing interventions to control the outbreak and performing final epidemiological outbreak analysis; by providing consultation to all clinical and non-clinical areas on matters of IPAC; by providing education, orientation and in-service to staff; liaising with the Medical Officer of Health and the Simcoe Muskoka Health Unit; by reviewing, revising and implementing infection control policies and procedures; performing designated administrative duties; participating in relevant professional associations; networking with peers; keeping current with IPAC literature standards and guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of either a baccalaureate degree program in Nursing or a diploma from an accredited Medical Laboratory Technology program, required.
- Currently registered with a regulated health professional College in the province of Ontario.
- Graduate of a Community and Hospital Infection Control Association (CHICA) recognized Infection Prevention and Control Certificate.
- Certified in Infection Prevention and Control through the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CIC).
- Five (5) Years of recent related experience in Infection and Prevention and Control required, with a preference being given to candidates possessing previous management experience.
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Meditech Electronic Health Record software and computerized charting, would be considered an asset.
- Exhibits the core values of Collingwood General and Marine Hospital, Inclusive, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable, Teamwork.
- Establishes and maintains a system of surveillance that includes data collection, tabulation, statistical analysis, interpretation and dissemination of information concerning infection incidents.
- Acts as a resource and provides knowledge and direction in infection prevention and control-related issues to hospital personnel, medical staff, patients, visitors, volunteers, students, and various community agencies.
- Reports relevant information internally and externally as it relates to infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
- Conducts investigation of specific infection problems/outbreaks.
- Formulates policies and procedures relevant to infection prevention and control that reflect the current research/ and standards.
- Collaborates with hospital personnel (Managers, Supervisors) to assure implementation of established policies and procedures.
- Develops and manages an annual operating budget participating in the Hospitalís rolling forecast financial model.
- Develops goals based on the Hospitalís strategic directions and validates their participation in standard leader behaviours in collaboration with their one up in the Hospitalís Leadership Evaluation Manager (LEM) and Validation Matrix.
- Liaises with the Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator regarding infection prevention and control as it relates to employee health issues as well as providing relief for the Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator in their absence on certain employee health issues such as contact tracing.
- Provides formal or informal education and consultation to staff in all hospital departments, patients and visitors relevant to infection prevention and control (new trends, equipment, regulations, infectious diseases and procedures etc.)
- Collaborates in the development of educational tools that relate to infection prevention and control, including the preparation and delivery of patient-centered education; orientation and continuing education for all hospital employees
- Participates with Clinical Teams as required in a continuous quality improvement process; monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the Infection Prevention and Control Program.Participates in internal and regional committees to achieve their established goals.
- Completes mandatory reporting on IP&C indicators monthly, quarterly, and annually as defined by Public Health Ontario.
- Assists in the evaluation and implementation of new products and equipment as related to infection prevention and control.
- Demonstrates professional commitment to keep current and maintains expertise through ongoing education.
- Actively participates in the Hospitalís Health and Safety Internal Responsibility System, which includes maintaining accountability for the defined responsibilities listed in applicable legislation, policies and procedures.
- Actively contributes within the scope of the position to the enhancement of the patient experience through continuous improvement, learning, and teamwork, with the goal of creating an environment that is caring, inclusive, respectful, patient and family-centred with a focus on excellence, innovation and safety.
SALARY RANGE: $76,137.23 Ė $93,639.18 per annum
APPLY TO:Please send an updated cover letter and resume to Human Resources via the online link.
Posting Date: April 4, 2019
Closing Date: Until Filled