Health Information Management Coder - Perm. FT (2019-89)
Permanent Full Time | Administrative/Clerical | 1 Position(s) Available
An essential member of the CGMH team and Health Information Systems, as an expert in Health Information Management and leader in coding and abstracting with knowledge of PHIPA and release of information.Our team exhibits our Core Values of Inclusivity, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable and Teamwork every day.
- Graduate of an approved Health Information Management Program.
- Must be a member in good standing with the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) and Certified with the Canadian College of Health Information Management (CCHIM)
- 5 years’ experience coding/abstracting with both DAD and NACRS
- 2 years’ experience working in Release of Information
- In-depth knowledge of CIHI’s Guidelines/Principles, MED2020 Abstracting System and Microsoft Office Applications
- Working knowledge of MEDITECH Client Server is an asset
- Ability to work independently and provide leadership and support to the clerical and release of information staff, with demonstrated effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- Ability to accurately perform the duties of the role with a focused attention to detail
- Excellent attendance/performance record
- Committed to professional growth & development
- Committed to maintaining confidentiality
- Using CIHI Guidelines and Principles, Ontario MOH guidelines, as well as hospital policies and procedures code and abstract DAD and NACRS charts
- Use the CMG and CACS grouping/assignment methodology to ensure data collection meets the standards met by the hospital, LHIN or Province
- Ensuring data quality and accuracy through data validation processes. Generates reports and queries, then examines the results to identify discrepancies in the MED2020 system to guarantee accurate data
- Communicate with physicians, nurses and other clinical staff on documentation issues that relate to specificity and accuracy of coding
- Meet workload standards as required for the specific HIM assignment
- Keep abreast with changes in coding practices, CIHI Guidelines/Principles and Hospital Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in Coding Quality Improvement Workshops, Seminars, and Teleconferences
- Complete release of information for non-circle of care requests
SHIFT: 37.5 per week remote worker – during the first three months must have the ability to work on-site at CGMH two days per week to complete release of information for non-circle of care requests
WAGE RANGE: $28.06 - $28.41 /hour
Application Submissions Closed
Sorry we are no longer accepting applications for this career.