Director, Acute Care Services (2018-86)
Permanent Full Time | Management/Supervisory | 1 Position(s) Available
The Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH) is a 70-bed facility serving more than 60,000 permanent residents and 3.5 million annual visitors to the communities of Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Clearview and the Blue Mountains. CGMH is an acute care hospital providing emergency care, diagnostic services including lab, imaging and cardio respiratory therapy, inpatient units (medicine, surgery, obstetrics), an intensive care unit, operating room, endoscopy suite, ambulatory care, and community mental health services. CGMH provides care close to home for our community and plays a key role as an integrated orthopaedic centre for our region.
In this key leadership role, the Director Acute Care Services will be accountable for the overall operations and service delivery of clinical services in accordance with the CGMH strategic directions, mission, vision, and I CARE AT values. The Director will develop and implement an annual program operating plan based upon the Hospital's strategic plan with the objective of creating an efficient and patient and family centered clinical experience within an interprofessional environment.
Reporting to the Vice President, Patient Experience and Chief Nurse Executive, and working in collaboration with the Departmental Chiefs, the Director will build partnerships and mentor direct reports with the objective of achieving portfolio targets, projects, and goals. The Director fosters a commitment to a positive patient experience and the sustainability of high quality healthcare services throughout the interprofessional team through the advancement of clinical best practice and the effective management of human resource and financial resources within the assigned portfolio.
- Development and implementation of an annual program operating plan and business strategy that is aligned to Collingwood General and Marine Hospital's strategic directions.
- Creation of a framework for program evaluation utilizing metrics to measure access, patient flow, success of service planning, clinical excellence, and patient satisfaction.
- Provision of team focused, inspirational leadership in achieving excellence in patient care through planning and resource allocation in accordance with the Hospital's strategic directions, mission, vision, and I CARE AT values.
- Fostering a philosophy of positive patient experience with a focus on quality improvement and safety.
- Engages external stakeholders on CGMH strategies with the intent of building partnership opportunities and creating supports external to the Hospital.
- Strategically identifies opportunities such as grant submissions, business cases, and proposals for changes/advancement in service delivery that support Ministry, LHIN, Hospital, or clinical priorities.
- Functions as a change agent utilizing evidence based leadership tools and strategies such as Studer and LEAN Six Sigma.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Exhibits the core values of CGMH: Inclusivity, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable, and Teamwork.
Master's Degree in Nursing, Health Sciences Administration, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive leadership experience in a healthcare environment.
- Strong clinical background including demonstrated knowledge of current best practices.
- Demonstrates superior proficiency in communication, team building, conflict resolution, and problem solving within an interdisciplinary practice setting.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Possesses knowledge of the Public Hospitals Act, Excellent Care for All Act, Mental Health Act, Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, and the Health Care Consent Act.
- Demonstrated clinical leadership, human resources management, and financial management skill.
- Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Meditech, computerized charting, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with and knowledge of Studer, process mapping and implementing LEAN methods is an asset
SALARY RANGE: To be determined commensurate with the successful candidates' experience.
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY TO: To explore this opportunity further please complete the online form below our Apply Now! link at the bottom of this page, attaching your current cover letter and resume.
Application Submissions Closed
Sorry we are no longer accepting applications for this career.