Ref #: 2019-85
Crisis Work - Outpatient Mental Health - Casual (2019-85)
Posted: April 24, 2019
Casual | Therapeutic/Diagnostic | 1 Position(s) Available
DEPARTMENT: Outpatient Mental Health
SHIFT: 12 hour shifts (800 to 2000)
- Exhibits the Core Values of Collingwood General and Marine Hospital: Inclusive, Caring Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Adaptable, Teamwork.
- Current Certificate of Registration with Regulated Health Profession
- University Degree in Social Work, Nursing or Occupational Therapy
- Current BCLS certification
- Recent experience (within the last 5 years) in acute mental health sector.
- Sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act of Ontario
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification required
- Demonstrated experience with crisis intervention techniques and theory-based practice in working with the seriously mentally ill.
- Demonstrated knowledge on risk assessments, suicide prevention.
- Knowledge and/or experience with chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders
- Knowledge of community resources available to patients with psychosocial, psychiatric, and chemical dependence needs
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a patient/family centred care environment
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team as well as independently
- Well developed organization, communication, interpersonal and teaching skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, continuing education and leadership experience
- Demonstrated good attendance record with the ability to maintain this same standard
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
- Committed to maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to work in 12 hour shifts; over nights and weekends on a scheduled rotation.
- Assesses, records and reports the health status of assigned patient to identify and document patient status
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members, community partners, and the patient and caregiver/family to develop and modify a patient care plan, including the flow of care, to address the assessed needs of the individual
- Provides client centered care by performing therapeutic interventions
START DATE: ASAP